With this week being #MentalHealthWeek, we polled our team members for their personal tips on how to maintain positive mental health.
Mental health IS just as important as physical health. People who live balanced lives can be more productive in all areas – at home, at work, at play. One of our company mottos is “Work Hard. Play Hard!” Achieving this balance can be difficult though, especially for a team like ours where everyone is highly motivated to succeed.
Here’s how our team members try to achieve balance in our lives:
- Go for a run. In my opinion, exercise is the best possible thing for positive mental health. Other things that work for me personally are taking my dog, Stella, for a long walk and giving myself time to reflect and think in peace and quiet. (Matt)
- Get outside! I like to go for a walk with my dog or on my own, or just sit in the fresh air. (Tracey)
- Walking/working out; talking things out with someone I trust or writing things down to gain a better perspective; listening to music. (Kim)
- Riding my horse. I can be driving to the barn totally stressed about something, but the moment I get to the barn I forget all my worries and just enjoy my horse. Even if I don’t ride, just being at the farm, being around the animals – something about that is therapeutic. I even have a cover on my cell phone “A Ride a Day Keeps the Therapist Away!”. (Anne)
- Making time just for me. I like to read a book or take a long bath. (Jen)
Mental Health Week is a time to think about and talk about mental health. #StoptheStigma #GetLoud