Job #4060 – As a result of ongoing growth, our client is seeking a strong people manager to join their finance team right here in the west-end of Ottawa! As the Accounting Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions while leading and motivating a small team of direct reports. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude and will show initiative by rolling up their sleeves and leading by example. The main responsibilities include:
- Supervise activities related to the accounts payable and accounts receivable function and ensure objectives are met
- Act as the main point of contact for questions related to payables or receivables
- Maintain up to date policies and procedures and assist with process improvement opportunities
- Provide employee training, monitor employee performance, and identify areas for improvement
- Liaise with the finance team to produce accurate cash flow forecasts
- Assist with ad hoc duties and cover team absences when needed
This is a fantastic work environment with a great team culture that you do not want to miss out on! These types of opportunities are few and far between – apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal education in finance/accounting preferred
- 4+ years management experience
- Strong leadership and team management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $70,000 – $80,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus Christmas closure
- Good benefits plan
- Pension contribution plan after one year
- Bonus potential
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 4060
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4060.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.