Job #4028 – Fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking and dynamic organization that offers a flexible work schedule and a rewarding work environment! The successful candidate will be expected to manage the day-to-day accounting functions and assist in the preparation of internal monthly and external quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements. Reporting to the Senior VP of Finance, the Assistant Controller will act as a strong right hand and will be given ample opportunity to flex their financial muscles. Main responsibilities include:
- Manage daily accounting operations including payroll, accounts payable and cash applications
- Prepare journal entries and maintain account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements
- Analysis of the consolidated statements including comparison to monthly and quarterly budgets
- Liaise with external auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Assist in ensuring ongoing tax compliance, including preparing documentation for Canadian & US tax filings
- Assist with the implementation of internal controls/SOX and monitor to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with regulatory policies
- Ad hoc duties as requested
If you are interested in joining a progressive and thriving organization that offers a challenging and supportive work environment – look no further! Apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- CPA designation is required
- Minimum 4-5 years of progressive work experience
- Knowledge of internal controls and processes required in a public company environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written
- Good Excel skills
What’s the Bottom Line:
- $70,000 – $85,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Competitive RRSP matching plan
- Great benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
Internal Job ID#: 4028
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4028.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.