Assistant Financial Controller
Job #3748 – Attention newly minted CPA’s! If you have been thinking about taking your first step out of public accounting and into private industry, then now is your time to act! This is a rare opportunity to join a stable and well-respected finance team in an emerging market that is continuing to grow despite the current economic conditions. Job security is a guarantee! Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will evolve over time as the organization continues to expand and the selected incumbent is ready to take on more challenges. The ideal candidate will be energetic, bright and keen to learn as this is a dynamic and fast-paced organization that offers excellent mentorship and advancement opportunities. Main responsibilities include:
- Assist with financial statement preparation and external reporting
- Manage the full revenue process – revenue recognition
- Support budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare management reports and related analysis
- Prepare cashflow forecast and monthly reconciliations of subledgers
- Strengthen internal controls and monitor financial operation policies
- Ad hoc duties as requested
Fantastic opportunity to join a booming company that offers one of the most positive, fun and flexible work cultures that you could ever wish for! APPLY NOW
The main qualifications for this role include:
- A completed CPA designation
- Good understanding of IFRS
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $75,000 – $85,000 salary range
- Generous vacation policy
- Excellent work-life balance and flexibility
- Fantastic benefits package
- Free parking
- Stock plan and the list goes on!
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 3748
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3748.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.