Commodity Tax Manager
Job #3815 – As a result of internal career progression, Costco is now looking for an ambitious, driven tax professional to join their Canadian head office based here in Ottawa. Costco has one of the largest tax groups in private industry in Ottawa and this would be a great opportunity for someone looking to join a team of other accomplished tax professionals. This position will be initially focused on Commodity Tax however Costco is anticipating other opportunities to open up as a result of potential retirements and therefore candidates with any tax experience will be considered. Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all sale transactions bear the appropriate GST/HST, QST and PST
- Gather information relating to special transactions and provide sales tax recommendations
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislative changes and inform the team on how it affects the business
- Perform, coordinate, or review internal audit compliance reviews
- Manage government audits
- Update training material geared for internal staff (to be posted on Costco’s Intranet site)
- Respond to questions from warehouses, accounting, buying and vendors on sales tax related matters
- Provide opinion on how system applications should be changed to comply with legislative requirements
- Perform any other projects or tasks as required
If you are considering making a move from public accounting or you have industry experience but perhaps there is no advancement at your current employer – please contact us for more information. This is would be a great career move reporting to an accomplished mentor!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is mandatory
- Solid experience in any area of Canadian tax (absolute minimum of two years)
- Excellent communication skills which will enable you to interact effectively with non-tax end users
- Autonomy (after training), initiative and a willingness to take ownership of the role
- A desire to pursue a career in tax
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous RSU program
- Excellent benefits, etc.
- Free parking
- Excellent advancement potential
Location: Ottawa (west end)
Internal Job ID#: 3815
Recruiter Name: Anne Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3815.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.