Job #4242 – Our client is looking for a designated Controller to join their fun and energetic organization! Overseeing a small team of accounting staff, your strong communication skills and collaborative leadership abilities will lead to success as you work closely with senior management. The selected incumbent will be a flexible team player that can prioritize well. You will also receive fantastic mentorship in this position and will constantly be kept challenged and engaged each and every day that you step into the office! The main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly reporting
- Lead, mentor and develop a small team and while working closely with other managers
- Review and oversee monthly reconciliations and financial statements
- Prepare and analyze various performance metrics and analytics of mortgage portfolio
- Responsible for entering journal entries and transactions into QuickBooks
- Prepare year-end working papers
- Assist with year-end audit and tax reporting
- Keep up to date with all related legislative and technical changes
If you enjoy a variety of responsibilities and you have the confidence and presence to take on new challenges and problem-solve when necessary, this is the position you have been waiting for!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Completed CPA designation
- 5 + years progressive experience
- Knowledge of ASPE
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Real estate experience
- QuickBooks Online
- Experience with systems implementation
- Previous experience working with investors
What’s the Bottom Line:
- $100,000-$115,000 annual salary
- Bonus structure
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus Christmas shutdown
- Good benefits package
- Hybrid schedule- 3 days in Westboro office
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa – Westboro
Internal Job ID#: 4242
Recruiter Name: Paul Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4242.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.