Director, Finance and Administration
Job #4539 – Are you looking to join a not-for-profit organization where you can feel good about going to work every day? Our established client is looking for the top finance person in their organization who has a solid background in handling grants for a non-profit organization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager in supporting their planning, budgeting, and reporting. Overseeing a finance assistant, the main responsibilities include:
- Forecasts, budgets, cashflow and financial reporting
- Manage all accounts payable and receivable activities
- Oversee HR, payroll, benefits, and the RRSP program
- Coordinate and lead the annual financial audit
- Reconcile monthly general ledger balance, invoices and credit card statements
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues
- Streamline processes and procedures for improving operational efficiencies of finance reporting and budgeting systems
- Oversee tax and charitable reporting compliance
You will have your hands in the day-to-day, working alongside your assistant. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, long-standing charity. If you enjoy taking ownership of the finances and are excited to work for a great cause, please apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- A formal accounting education
- A minimum of 5 years of full cycle accounting experience, including previous experience in a non-profit organization with grant management
- Vaccinated for Covid-19
- CPA designation is considered a strong asset
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $80,000 – $95,000 salary range
- Group insurance plan
- RRSP Matching program
- 4+ weeks of vacation
- Hybrid work set-up
Location: Ottawa – Downtown
Internal Job ID#: 4539
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4539.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.