Director of Tax
Director of Tax
Job #3780 – Due to retirement, our client Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), is looking for a new Director of Tax. CBC is a well-respected, very stable organization that rarely has open opportunities due to their excellent culture, strong leadership and phenomenal work/life balance. This role is not specific to one particular type of tax and would be best suited to someone who is looking to be responsible for all the tax-related activities of the department. Under your supervision, as the organization’s corporate tax specialist, specialized tax consultants will be engaged for specific projects as required. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing all tax-related activities of the department and supervising the Tax Analyst position.
- Directing the research and delivery of accurate and timely tax advice to Network, Regional and Corporate personnel on matters relating to commodity taxes (GST/HST, QST, PST & VAT), payroll, income taxes (Canadian and foreign), and non-resident withholding taxes.
- Directing the preparation and filing of Corporate income tax returns (Canadian and foreign), GST/HST & /QST returns and preparing the Taxes note in accordance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) in the Financial Statements which are published in CBC/Radio-Canada’s Annual Report and audited by the Office of the Auditor General of Canada.
- Developing, recommending and maintaining the Corporation’s tax policies and procedures to ensure proper administration of tax activities.
- Responsible for meeting all legal and corporate tax requirement deadlines.
- Advising on strategies to minimize CBC/Radio Canada’s tax liabilities while meeting all fiscal requirements.
- Managing external audits and preparing briefs to tax authorities in support of CBC/Radio-Canada’s tax filing positions.
This is a great opportunity to utilize your various tax expertise, manage a small team and be the “go to” tax professional within a very prestigious organization.
The main qualifications for this role include:
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively in both French and English.
- Completion of a professional accountant designation (CPA) or another comparable designation
- Completion of, or enrolment in, CPA Canada In-depth Tax Course, or a Masters of Taxation, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of related tax experience
- Strong presentation skills – you will be presenting to the Board, and a variety of other senior executives
Definite Assets (nice to have):
- Experience in income tax reporting under IFRS
- A general understanding of foreign taxation
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- $95,000 – $130,000 plus bonus
- Defined Benefit Pension!!
- Generous vacation allowance
Location: Ottawa (Downtown, but will be working remotely until at least March)
Internal Job ID#: 3788
Recruiter Name: Anne Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #xxxx.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.