Financial Monitoring Officer
Job #4013 – Our client has a big impact in bettering the lives of all Canadians and they are now seeking a motivated Financial Officer to join their finance team on a full-time, permanent basis! In this role, your main responsibilities will be related to the monitoring of financial policies and practices of multiple funding recipient institutions. You will also plan and conduct contribution audits and will be expected to act as a strong business partner by providing insightful analysis to support senior management with strategic decision making. Main responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate and conduct monitoring visits and follow-up activities, including chairing meetings during visits and presenting any findings
- Organize and perform in-house contribution audits and assist with external audits
- Review fair market value assessments and assist with appraisal coordination as needed
- Assist in the cost allocation review, as well as the calculation, review and monitoring of annual payments
- Provide analysis to identify risk areas requiring additional oversight activities
- Assist in the review of financial reports submitted by funding recipient institutions
- Assist with various communication platforms and special projects as required
If you’re passionate about working for a good cause, this could be your next dream job!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in finance and/or accounting required
- A solid understanding of auditing and accounting theories and principles of risk management
- Fluency in both official languages strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interpret financial data and perform financial analysis
- Good Excel skills
Perks & Opportunities:
- $70,000 – $85,000 salary range
- 4 weeks’ vacation + Christmas shutdown
- Generous pension contribution plan!
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- Great work-life balance!
Location: Ottawa (Central)
Internal Job ID#: 4013
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4013.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.