Job #4202 – Our client is looking for a General Accountant to join their established, growing company! If you like to be kept busy in a fast-paced environment, this is for you. This is a great opportunity to get your foot into the door of this expanding company. This is a very hands-on role and ideal for someone seeking to continuously improve processes and make a difference. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the main responsibilities include:
- Preparing journal entries
- Assisting with fixed asset management
- Maintaining inventory schedules and ensuring physical inventory counts are reconciled
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations
- Supporting month-end duties and day-to-day accounting operations
- Working closely with the controller to maintain proper financial controls, policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all regulations
- Assisting in the preparation of month- end and year- end reports and other accounting duties as requested
If you want to join a friendly, passionate team with excellent potential for growth, our client would love to meet you!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education
- A minimum of 2 years accounting experience in a similar role
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Experience in the automobile industry would be an asset!
How You Will be Rewarded:
- $40,000 – $50,000 annual salary
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- Good benefits package
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa – West – In the office full-time
Internal Job ID#: 4202
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4202.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.