Highly Driven Sales Consultant / Recruiter
Job #3683- Do you love the thrill of closing a deal and enjoy working in a team environment? Are you a competitive person who wants to get ahead, but you don’t want to step on others to do it? You could be just who we’re looking for!
After another very successful year in 2019, we are looking to add a highly driven recruiter to the Stevenson & White team. This role offers unlimited earnings potential and is suitable for a self-motivated individual with a great work ethic and an upbeat, positive personality who loves working in a sales role.
Yes, this is a sales role – BUT it’s not a typical one! Our approach with both our clients and our candidates is always consultative and low key. We don’t expect you to pump out a gazillion sales calls just to hit some randomly determined metrics. Instead we’ll base success on the quality of the relationships you are building and the placements you are making. In this role you will need to be persuasive, but we don’t twist arms.
We are a locally owned, boutique recruitment firm that is well-known as a market leader in Ottawa. Having created a very successful business since opening our doors in 2000, we pride ourselves on continuing to provide exceptional service to our clients and candidates. We enjoy a great work environment in a busy, fast-paced atmosphere. Our small sales team works very collaboratively, and we consistently meet or exceed our sales targets each month. We enjoy unlimited earnings potential, a very generous vacation policy, monthly staff lunches and Friday afternoons off in the summer, among many other perks. However, don’t be fooled! You still need to work hard if you want to play hard!
This is a 360-degree sales / recruitment role where you will be developing new business potential and cultivating ongoing relationships with clients, interviewing candidates and matching them with appropriate positions.
To be a fit for our group the following will describe you:
- Excellent communicator – You are articulate, professional and able to think on your feet!
- Strong sales initiative – You are not afraid to pick up the phone, you have strong negotiation skills and are able to be persuasive without being “pushy”.
- Team player – We work collaboratively on all our roles, so you will be expected to help out whenever needed, going the extra mile to help the team succeed.
- Positive attitude – You are a “glass half full” person who doesn’t get discouraged easily even when things aren’t going your way.
- Adaptable – You thrive in an environment where priorities change daily.
- Ethical – You enjoy the rush of closing a sale, but you are not willing to do “whatever it takes” if that means treating someone else in an unprofessional manner.
- Balanced – You are competitive and driven to make good money, but you recognize the importance of work/life balance and you want to have fun along the way. You also have a great sense of humour – this is a must!
- Strong work ethic – You take pride in working hard and doing a good job and you use your time effectively to accomplish this.
What We’re Looking For:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a corporate sales environment where you have successfully developed new accounts as well as maintained current client relationships. B2B experience preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken) are mandatory.
What’s In It for You:
- Guaranteed base salary plus a very generous commission structure which is sure to offer a strong candidate a fantastic income!
- 4 weeks of vacation (including 1-week office shutdown over Christmas/New Year’s)
- Flexible working hours, including Friday afternoons off in the summer
- Good benefits package
- Free parking
- Easily accessible location
We’re willing to wait for the right person, so even if you’re not sure that you’re ready to join us immediately, please reach out to us (in strict confidence of course!)
Location: Ottawa (near IKEA)
Internal Job ID#: 3683
Recruiter Name: Jen Danby McDonald
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3683.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.