Internal Controls Specialist
Job #4248 – Fantastic opportunity to join an extremely successful and well-respected Canadian organization based right here in Ottawa! Our client is looking for a communicative, analytical, and self-driven Internal Controls Specialist to join their evolving finance team. The Internal Controls Specialist will be responsible for supporting the corporate-wide internal audit function while reviewing and improving the internal controls environment at newly acquired subsidiaries. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting, this is a rare opportunity to step into a newly created role and take full ownership of the internal audit function! Main responsibilities include:
- Perform corporate wide reviews of business processes and maintain a detailed risk assessment
- Test the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Maintain clear documentation and support for testing performed
- Plan and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal control related audit deliverables
- Prepare quarterly and annual management and reports related to internal controls
- Prepare process risk assessments for new acquisitions and provide control recommendations and implementation plans for any areas of improvement
- Assist with integration plans and other related internal controls duties as requested
This is a unique opportunity that requires strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box! If you are interested in taking that next step in your career and would love to work with a group of like-minded finance professionals – look no further! Apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in finance/accounting
- CPA or CIA designation complete or in process preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an internal audit related role
- IFRS knowledge required
- Good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $75,000 – $85,000 annual salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Excellent benefits package
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible/remote work schedule
Internal Job ID#: 4248
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4248.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.