Manager of Finance and Administration
Job #3937 – This is a fabulous opportunity to join an extremely well-respected not-for-profit organization as their Manager of Finance and Administration on a full-time permanent basis! Reporting to the VP of Corporate Services, you will oversee a small team while managing all financial, payroll and administrative objectives for the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong operational accounting background as well as excellent communication skills and previous supervisory experience. This organization fosters a fantastic work culture and truly understands the importance of employee morale which is why they benefit from such a low turnover rate!
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee the full financial and accounting operations of the organization including payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and internal controls
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and variance analysis for the finance and audit committees
- Develop and implement finance policies and procedures and ensure proper internal controls are in place
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and manage and oversee annual audit and other audits as required
- Manage the A/P and A/R functions as well as oversee all aspects of payroll and required reporting
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of program goals and objectives
- Provide initial and ongoing orientation, training, reviews and address performance for finance and administration staff, volunteers, and work placements
If you would like to join a wonderful organization that truly gives back locally and makes a difference here in our community, this is your chance – apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Completed CPA designation is required
- A minimum 5+ years of progressive work experience
- Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred
- Previous experience with a not-for-profit is considered an asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $80,000 – $90,000 annual salary
- Generous annual increases
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Great benefits package
- Competitive RRSP matching program
- Free parking
- Great work-life balance and the list goes on!
Location: Ottawa (West/Central)
Internal Job ID#: 3937
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3937.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.