Operational Accounting Specialist
Job #3926 – Fantastic opportunity to join a top-notch employer right here in Ottawa! As a key resource within the finance team and reporting to the Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst, the Operational Accounting Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operational accounting functions as well as supporting regular month-end and year-end closing duties. This position provides ongoing departmental support and participates in cross-departmental initiatives which will make each day different from the last! To succeed in this role, you will need to have a thorough understanding of financial processes and be able to think outside the box. Main responsibilities include:
- Own the GL and perform related accounts payable and receivable functions
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations including bank accounts, deferred revenue, prepaids and licensing agreements
- Perform bank related functions and prepare monthly HST returns
- Assist with the quarterly close process including expense accruals, posting and correcting journal entries, depreciation, and expensing prepaids
- Prepare remittance advices, cheques and electronic payments
- Prepare and post monthly building operations and payroll journal entries
- Provide year-end audit support and assist with ad hoc requests
This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting and stable organization that has a very bright future ahead of them. You do not want to let this one pass you by, apply now!
- Formal post-secondary accounting education required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role (full cycle operational accounting experience is required)
- Previous experience in data extraction and manipulation is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work well independently in fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills
What’s the Bottom Line:
- $60,000 – $75,000 salary range
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus generous sick days
- Excellent benefits package
- Great work-life balance
- Exercise classes and the list goes on!
Internal Job ID#: 3926
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3926.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.