Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Job #4335 – Exciting opportunity to join a very prominent nonprofit organization here in Ottawa! As a result of ongoing growth and success, this organization is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join them on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be a motivated team player, with a strong eye for detail and the ability to assist with employees needs in a timely manner. Reporting to the CFO, the main responsibilities include:
- Full cycle payroll, including managing systems and calculating payable hours and deductions
- Lead the year-end payroll process and reporting of T4’s and T4A’s
- Prepare payroll journal entries and reconcile with the general ledger
- Assist with onboarding, benefits, and pension administration
- Assist the finance team with budgeting and forecasting
- Establish appropriate controls to ensure payroll processes and legislative requirements are met and identify any areas for improvement
- Answer employee inquiries, resolve any discrepancies and assist with some admin duties as needed
This is an amazing organization, and this position will not be open for long! If you have excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a high attention to detail, please apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in Business or equivalent work experience
- PCP designation completed or in progress is preferred
- At least 2+ years’ experience in payroll
- Strong understanding of payroll processes including ROE’s, CRA legislation and collective agreements and garnishments
- Experience with time and attendance programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with HR & Benefits is considered an asset!
How You Will be Rewarded:
- $55,000 – $65,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus Christmas shutdown
- Group insurance plan
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa – West
Internal Job ID#: 4335
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4335.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.