Payroll & Finance Assistant
Job #4231 – Our client is looking for a payroll and finance assistant to join them on a full-time permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is self-directed and proactive! They require someone who has payroll experience as well as some accounting knowledge, with a firm grasp of their debits and credits! Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main responsibilities include:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for full-time and part-time/temp employees
- File payroll documents
- Reconcile payroll to the general ledger
- Oversee the recordkeeping of documents for staff and contractors
- Assist with accounting transactions for accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare year-end taxation documents including EHT
- Complete new employee set-ups and ROEs for employee terminations
A positive, collaborative approach will serve you well here! If you have some payroll experience and are excited to be a part of a positive organization where you can take ownership of this role, please apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum 1-2 years of payroll experience
- Formal accounting or payroll education preferred
- Excellent English communication skills, written & verbal
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $40,000 – $55,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Group benefits & RRSP plan
- Free parking
- Hybrid work set-up!
Location: Ottawa – West
Internal Job ID#: 4231
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4231.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.