Payroll & Finance Specialist
Job #4231 – Our client is looking for a Payroll and Finance Specialist to join them on a full-time permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is self-directed and proactive! They require someone who has payroll experience as well as accounting knowledge and is comfortable leading month-end processes. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main responsibilities include:
- Prepare and post general journal entries for accruals and prepayments
- Prepare and post bank entries, including cash allocation for receivables
- Prepare and reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, allocations, and reclassifications
- Analyze the P&L accounts daily during month end to ensure all cost postings are accurate.
- Prepare and analyze the profit and loss accounts to assist the Finance Director
- Review and authorize EFT payments prepared by second finance assistant
- Responsible for running bi-weekly payroll for full time and part time employees
- Pay monthly payroll vendors, including EHT, RRSP, benefits account, and any other government payroll remittances
- Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts
A positive, collaborative approach will serve you well here! If you have some payroll experience and are excited to be part of a positive organization where you can take ownership of this role, please apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Formal accounting or payroll education preferred
- Excellent English communication skills, written & verbal
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $55,000 – $65,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Group benefits & RRSP plan
- Free parking
- Hybrid work set-up!
Location: Ottawa – West
Internal Job ID#: 4231
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4231.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.