Job #3851 – Extraordinary opportunity to join an extremely successful, stable, and well-respected organization with headquarters right here in Ottawa! Reporting to the Director of HR, the selected incumbent will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the payroll department while supervising a small team. The successful candidate will have strong management skills and must be willing to roll up their sleeves and lead by example! Main responsibilities include:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for several provinces across Canada
- Execute payroll processes and perform quality checks to ensure accuracy
- Reconcile to the G/L and generate routine payroll reports
- Improve processes and procedures by assisting with payroll system changes
- Work proactively with various business partners and departments
- Foster engagement within the team and provide ongoing mentorship
If you have a strong understanding of payroll and employment legislation, we would love to hear from you. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a great company with a culture that believes in employee recognition and long-term retention!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal post-secondary payroll education
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in payroll
- Sound knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good with systems and proficient with Excel
Definite Assets (nice to have):
- Previous experience with SAP
- A completed PCP or CPM certification
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $90,000 – $100,000 annual salary
- Potential bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Generous vacation package
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Ability to work remote permanently!
Location: Ottawa (Remote)
Internal Job ID#: 3851
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3851.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.