Job #4256 – A rare and exciting opportunity to join one of Ottawa’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies! Our industry-leading client is looking for a self-motivated and highly organized Senior Accountant to join their growing finance team! If you would like to work under a strong mentor, while gaining valuable full-cycle accounting and business operations experience, look no further! Reporting to the Controller, the selective incumbent will be responsible for intercompany and financial reporting deliverables, all while acting as a strong finance business partner on various initiatives. Main responsibilities include:
- Own the financial reporting process internally and externally for the group of companies
- Timely completion of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Key lead in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process
- Ensure project financial data is accurately reflected in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Monitor and analyze project budget performance and provide variance analysis
- Input and maintain budget data for multiple projects and ensure accurate results, P&L, and cash forecasts
- Ensure compliance and recommend new controls and processes where needed
- Assist with special ad hoc projects when required
The main qualifications for this role include:
- CPA designation complete or in progress preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of accounting experience
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of accounting practices, policies, and procedures
- Previous experience in construction and/or engineering is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Generous bonus potential
- Excellent benefits plan starting on Day 1
- Wellness perks
- RRSP matching plan
- Hybrid work model
- Free parking and the list of perks goes on!
Internal Job ID#: 4256
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4256.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.