Senior Cost Accountant
Job #3735 – Great opportunity to join a well-known industry leader as a Senior Cost Accountant! As part of a keen, outgoing, and energetic team, you will take ownership of implementing and maintaining the cost accounting systems and processes of this successful organization. Reporting to the Controller, your main responsibilities include:
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Liaise with department managers to review budget to actual variances as well as forecasting
- Prepare cost and inventory reports, analyze and present to the management team
- Review and collect data to assist with allocating costs and preparing reports on operating expenses
- Ensure accordance with GAAP and other costing standards
- Additional ad hoc reporting related to costing and inventory as required
If you are independent, possess strong communication skills and would like to build your career with a great organization, don’t hesitate – apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education
- Minimum 7 years related experience
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Previous standard costing experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and manage shifting priorities
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $80,000 – $95,000 salary range
- Generous bonus potential
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Great benefits plan
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa (Kanata)
Internal Job ID#: 3735
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3735.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.