Senior Cost Analyst
Job #3959 –Our client is looking for a Senior Cost Analyst who will be primarily responsible for accounting and compliance related activities with their U.S. government contracting business. This individual will ensure that all costs are being accurately reported in accordance with the U.S. requirements and regulations. This position offers engaging work in a dynamic and international organization that offers excellent perks and opportunities. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the main responsibilities include:
- Prepare financial analysis related to cost accounting practices
- Assist in the development and review of allocations for direct and indirect costs
- Research complex cost allowability and ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Prepare required compliance filings and project-based reports, showing actual, budget and estimated-to-complete project costs
- Assist in the company’s development and documentation of policies and procedures surrounding the cost structure, including direct and indirect costs and internal controls, and address any areas for improvement
- Assist with internal and external audits (CAS, FAR, DFARS, & DCAA)
- Prepare and analyze labor cost rates and prepare reconciliations to general ledger
- Assist in various other projects as requested
If you have a strong working knowledge of U.S. audit standards, advanced Excel skills and the ability to identify and report on indirect and direct costs, we want to hear from you!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education
- Minimum 3+ years in a similar role
- Experience with U.S. Government Contracts & Audits
- Cost Accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Extremely detailed and excellent communication skills
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $65,000 – $85,000 annual salary
- 3-4 weeks’ vacation
- Fully paid benefits
- Bonus plan
- Remote work
- Employee stock purchase plan
Location: Ottawa – Remote
Internal Job ID#: 3959
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3959.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.