Senior Finance Advisor
Job #3690 – Our well-established and highly respected client is looking for an experienced and technically strong Senior Finance Advisor to help them keep up with additional ad hoc projects on a 1-year contract. This crown corporation offers you the opportunity to work amongst a team of top-notch finance professionals while you help execute on day-to-day general accounting and external reporting activities. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the selected incumbent will work with internal and external stakeholders to help support the business requirements on a financial level. Main responsibilities include:
- Identify trends and analyze results in order to provide strategic input during management discussions/presentations
- Prepare financial reporting packages including financial ratios and variance analysis with explanations
- Research and document IFRS accounting policies and technical accounting position papers to support complex commercial transactions
- Recommend improvements to internal processes and controls
- Coordinate and help prepare for year-end auditors
- Ad hoc projects as required
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Professional accounting designation mandatory (CPA/CMA/CGA)
- Minimum 7 years of progressive work experience
- Strong understanding of IFRS and extensive financial reporting experience
- Strong background in business processes and internal controls
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced Excel skills
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $85,000 – $105,000 salary range
- Fantastic bonus potential
- Great benefits package
- Pension contribution plan
- Generous vacation package
Location: Ottawa (Downtown)
Internal Job ID#: 3690
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3690.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.