Senior Finance & Tax Manager
Job #3924 – Our prestigious and high-profile client in the financial services industry is seeking a Senior Finance and Tax Planning Manager to join their Ottawa office! This is an extraordinary opportunity for somebody with a strong wealth management, tax planning and financial accounting background to join a hidden gem. The successful candidate will work with the leadership team, their clients and external tax and legal advisors in providing expertise in estate, family trust and tax planning. They will also be responsible for coordinating and reporting on the finances of these ultra-high net worth individuals. Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the ideal candidate should be confident in their ability to implement tax planning strategies and produce accurate and timely financial reports. Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare financials for high-net-worth families including preparation of financial statements, financial dashboards, tax-aware cash flow planning and coordination with private bankers
- Provide expertise in estate, family trust and tax planning strategies including charitable giving, corporate reorganization and life insurance planning
- Develop internal technical resources and content, assist in the preparation of monthly Advisor education seminars and prepare client friendly content for Advisors
- Work closely with the Advice Team in the development and delivery of wealth management solutions for clients
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a premier independent Canadian wealth management firm that offers a ton of perks! Do not let this rare and lucrative opportunity pass you by, apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Completed CPA designation required
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive work experience
- Previous wealth management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian Taxation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Completion of the In-depth Tax course is an asset
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $150,000 – $200,000 salary range (based on experience)
- Potential equity
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive RRSP matching plan
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus generous personal and sick days
- Free portfolio management
Internal Job ID#: 3924
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3924.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.