Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Job #3980 – Fantastic opportunity to join one of Ottawa’s most sought-after and well-respected employers as their Senior Manager of Internal Audit! Reporting to the Chief, Internal Auditor, the ideal candidate will have a strong business acumen and the ability to multi-task as you manage all day-to-day internal audit activities throughout the organization. This includes planning, executing, and reporting on a variety of internal audit projects across a broad range of business functions. Reporting to the Chief, Internal Auditor, the main responsibilities include:
- Manage and prioritize multiple engagements at any one time while ensuring deadlines are met and quality of work is not compromised
- Responsible for all day-to-day internal audit activities, including planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial, compliance and information technology-focused internal audit projects
- Draft internal audit reports and other communications and coordinate recommendations
- Provide detailed reviews of audit working papers to ensure compliance with Internal Audit policies and standards
- Lead and supervise external consultants during audit engagements
- Participate in the conduct of advisory projects and investigations as required
- Assist in the debriefing of management and the Audit Committee as required
- Oversee two direct reports
- Assist with preparing the Risk-Based Audit Plan and the development and maintenance of internal audit procedures and practices
Great opportunities for career progression exist for the right candidate in this role – with drive, efficiency, and strong internal audit knowledge, you will go far in this organization!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business
- Completed CPA and CIA designations
- 8+ years’ experience managing and conducting financial, operational, compliance and IT internal audit projects
- Sound knowledge of internal audit standards, practices, and procedures
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is strongly preferred
- CISA and CFE designations
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry
What’s the Bottom Line:
- $100,000 – $130,000 annual salary
- Bonus structure
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Excellent benefits package
- Pension contribution plan!
- Flexible work environment
Internal Job ID#: 3980
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3980.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.