Job #4415 – As a result of internal career progression, our internationally known and respected client is now looking for an ambitious, driven tax professional to join their Canadian head office based here in Ottawa. This organization has one of the largest tax groups in private industry in Ottawa and this would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to join a team of other accomplished, likeminded tax professionals. Depending on the candidate’s prior experience and background, this position has the potential to split their time between commodity tax and income tax. As such, experience with either income or sales tax is highly desirable. Candidates with any tax experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. Main responsibilities may include, depending on individuals background and prior experiences:
- Ensure that all sale transactions bear the appropriate GST/HST, QST and PST
- Gather information relating to special transactions and provide sales tax recommendations
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislative changes and inform the team on how it affects the business
- Perform, coordinate, or review internal audit compliance reviews
- Manage commodity tax audits
- Update training material geared for internal staff (to be posted on company’s Intranet site)
- Respond to questions from warehouses, accounting, buying and vendors on sales tax related matters
- Provide opinion on how system applications should be changed to comply with legislative requirements
- Perform any other projects or tasks as required
- Review of annual corporate income tax returns and other income tax compliance
- Review of quarterly tax provisions and managing the tax accounting for income tax purposes
- Respond to questions from warehouses, accounting, buying and vendors on income tax related matters
- Manage income tax audits
- Perform ad-hoc income tax research and basic tax planning
If you are a tax professional with a desire to join a successful company that will offer you excellent mentorship and growth potential, don’t wait – contact us today for more information!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is mandatory
- Solid experience in any area of Canadian tax (minimum of five years) with experience in either income or sales tax considered a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills that will allow you to interact effectively with non-tax end users and individuals at all levels
- Strong initiative, flexibility and leadership qualities that will allow you to take ownership of the role
- Bilingualism is considered a strong asset
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- $95,000 – $105,000 salary range
- Generous RSU program and RRSP matching
- Excellent benefits
- Fantastic company culture and advancement potential
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 4415
Recruiter Name: Paul Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4415.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.