Job #4203 – If you are looking to join a professional and growing team, look no further! Our client is looking for an Accountant who is ready to step in and evolve as the business grows. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting the senior management team with accounting transactions related to the month-end close process as well as taking a leadership role in accounts payable. If you are a critical thinker with strong initiative, you will go far with this organization! Reporting to the Controller, the main responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable and cash management
- Weekly key metric reporting
- Assist with overseeing accounts receivable and invoicing data entry
- Responsible for payroll and multiple bank reconciliations as well as month-end accruals
- HST/WSIB remittances
- Other duties as requested
This is a great opportunity to join a successful organization where you will have the ability to work independently as well as be involved with management daily. If you are looking to further your accounting career, this is a great place to do so! Do not wait – apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, or commerce
- CPA designation in progress is preferred
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in an accounting position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project accounting
- Experience with Work in Progress (WIP’s) accounting
How You Will be Rewarded:
- $60,000 – $70,000 annual salary
- Profit sharing plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Group Insurance plan
- RRSP matching plan
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa – Nepean, in the office full-time
Internal Job ID#: 4203
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4203.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.