Job #3899 – Are you looking for an accountant role where you can be the subject matter expert? This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, stable organization which will guarantee you a good work/life balance, while still offering you technical challenges to keep you interested and engaged. They are a small, family-run business that has been doing well despite the current pandemic and economic situation. As the main accountant for their commercial properties, you will have a solid accounting background and be able to perform full cycle accounting for multiple entities. Reporting to the General Manager, your main responsibilities include:
- Manage the accounts receivable process by coding, entering, and verifying invoices
- Reconcile actual CAM costs to budgeted monthly costs
- Review general ledger accounts and make necessary adjustments
- Bank reconciliations
- Bank deposits
- Prepare year end reports and work closely with the outside accounting firm on financial statement preparation
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships
If you want to work within a small, close-knit team where your voice will be heard, this is the job for you!
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $55,000 – $65,000 salary range + potential bonus
- 2 weeks’ vacation plus Christmas shutdown
- Full Group insurance benefits
- RRSP contribution match
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa – West
Internal Job ID#: 3899
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3899.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.