Job #3648 – Our flourishing client is seeking a passionate and communicative Controller with a strong business acumen to join their finance and accounting team on their exciting journey! This an innovative and collaborative environment that requires you to think on your feet and be easily adaptable as priorities continue to shift on a day to day basis. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, you will be given the opportunity to work under a fantastic hands-on mentor while leading a small and energetic team. Main responsibilities include:
- Lead the month-end close process and produce monthly financial reporting packages
- Assist with operational budget process
- Complete monthly variance analysis (budget-to-actual)
- Develop and maintain well documented policies and procedures
- Manage the external audit preparation process
- Liaise and support stakeholders across the business
- Assist with a potential system implementation
- Participate in special ad hoc projects
If you are tired of working in a dreary and underwhelming work environment and would love to walk out of the office feeling fulfilled and challenged, then look no further and apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Completed Professional Accounting Designation
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of ASPE and/or IFRS
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous supervisory experience considered an asset
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $90,000 – $100,000 salary range
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Discretionary bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa (Central/South)
Internal Job ID#: 3648
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3648.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.