Job #3775 – Fantastic opportunity to join a booming organization that will allow you to truly take full ownership of the finance function! This is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that will offer plenty of challenge and learning opportunities as you grow within the role. Reporting to the VP, Operations you will be working closely under the guidance of an excellent mentor who strongly believes in the importance of understanding the “big picture”! The selected incumbent will gain valuable operational experience while further developing their management skills with 2-3 direct reports. Main responsibilities include:
- Oversee day to day activities of the accounting department and all aspects of the GL
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting deadlines
- Assist with budgeting/forecasting
- Coordinate monthly progress reports with consultants for all projects
- Weekly cashflow management
- Review monthly project cost reports and investigate any discrepancies
- Willingness to jump in and assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Assist with year-end auditors
This is a rare opportunity to make your mark and contribute to the ongoing success of this exciting company! From the moment you walk in the door, you will feel like a valued member of their management team. Apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal Accounting Education
- Minimum five years relevant work experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong Excel skills
Definite Assets (nice to have):
- Previous real estate/construction industry experience
- Experience in a multi-company environment and project accounting
- Previous ERP experience
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $80,000 – $95,000 salary range
- Bonus potential
- Generous vacation
- Good benefits package
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa (East)
Internal Job ID#: 3775
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3775.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.