Job #4296 – As a result of internal promotion, our client is looking for a competent and self-motivated General Accountant to join their finance team on a full-time, permanent basis! The ideal candidate will enjoy having variety in their work and the excitement that comes with juggling shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment. Reporting to the VP of Finance, and working closely alongside the Senior Accountant, the General Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, recording/reporting of financial transactions, and the administration of semi-monthly payroll. Additional duties include:
- Perform day-to-day accounting tasks
- Record and reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements
- Prepare sales invoices, process vendor invoices, cash receipts and prepare bank deposits
- Assist in month-end close process (including journal entries and preparation of supporting documents)
- Prepare and assist with semi-monthly payroll
- File monthly statutory commodity tax
- Maintain accurate records and provide year-end audit support
- Other duties as assigned
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a supportive finance team in a flexible and engaging work environment! Don’t let this one pass you by – apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in accounting and/or finance required
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Good knowledge of full-cycle accounting
- Previous payroll experience is considered an asset
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
How You Will be Rewarded:
- $55,000 – 65,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Good benefits package
- Free parking
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule
Internal Job ID#: 4296
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4296.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.