Job #4051 – Our well-known and respected client in the Not-For-Profit industry is looking for an experienced General Accountant to join their community-based organization. Reporting to the Finance Coordinator, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely entry of financial information. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills while mastering the ability to manage shifting priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your initial responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and assist with month end support with respect to financial statement and budget preparation
- Process accounts receivables including following up on unpaid invoices and depositing payments
- Responsible for payroll processing and the maintenance of payroll records for all employees
- Prepare and reconcile all government remittances including T4’s
- Provide general audit support as required
- Maintain the database of agreements and customer records
- Keep up to date on legislation, regulations and any requirements affecting the organizations systems, practices, procedures and compensations
This organization offers the chance to give back to your community while aiding those in need. If you want to make a real difference in people’s lives through your daily work, then this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-Secondary education in accounting or finance
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting and/or payroll
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- ACCPAC and/or Ceridian experience
- $60,000 – $65,000 annual salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus 15 paid sick days and 7personal days
- Excellent benefits package
- Great pension plan
- Flexible work schedule- hybrid
Location: Ottawa (Downtown)
Internal Job ID#: 4051
Recruiter Name: Paul Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4051.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.