Job #3733 – Our stable and well-respected client is looking for a technically strong Senior Accountant to join their finance team as soon as possible! This is a fantastic opportunity to oversee daily operations relating to various month-end functions while working under a great mentor in a supportive team environment. The successful candidate will have a strong accounting foundation and will use their initiative daily to help support a high-volume finance department with ever shifting priorities. Reporting to the Manager of Billing and Finance, your main responsibilities include:
- Assisting with management reporting and month-end close duties
- Ensuring timely and accurate execution of payables and receivables
- Preparing detailed monthly reconciliations and aging reports
- Preparing monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Identifying and analyzing customer accounts and related delinquencies
- Providing assistance with external audits including preparing working papers
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- Ensuring compliance and leading efforts to improve efficiencies and processes
This growing organization offers outstanding work/life balance while providing ample opportunity for professional growth and career advancement!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education (designation in progress is a plus!)
- Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $50,000 – $60,000 salary range
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Generous bonus potential
- Great benefits package
- RRSP matching plan starting day 1!
- Excellent work-life balance
Location: Ottawa (East)
Internal Job ID#: 3733
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3733.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.