Job #3700 – We are looking for a bright, self-driven and confident Senior Accountant who can use their strong organizational and critical thinking skills to help the support the finance function of this rapidly growing company. As an integral part of the finance team, the selected incumbent will take full ownership of their role and be the go-to person for accounting related inquiries throughout the company. Reporting to the Controller, the main responsibilities include:
- Supervise and mentor a small team
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy when reviewing sub ledgers and completing month-end close
- Prepare and analyze financial statements including balance sheets
- Assist with reviewing budgets and preparing for internal and external audits
- Prepare postings, accruals and allocations for several entities
- Assist with adherence to policies and procedures while actively creating efficiencies as required
- Additional ad hoc duties
As a new member to this supportive and collaborative team, you will have the chance to be a part of a positive culture, fantastic corporate environment and will report into an excellent mentor.
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education
- Professional accounting designation strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years of progressive work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Positive can-do attitude
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $70,000 – $80,000 salary range
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Good benefits package
- Free parking
- Excellent mentorship!
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 3700
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3700.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.