Job #4216 – As a result of ongoing growth, our well-established and busy client is looking to bring on a Senior Project Accountant on a 12-month contract. There is strong potential for this contract to be extended or become permanent. The ideal candidate will be a self-learner who is adaptable, self-motivated and has a strong ability to prioritize in an efficient manner. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where you will be expected to maintain a high quality of work on a regular basis. Your main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the monthly accounting cycle and ensuring the financial close is done on time
- Prepare financial statements for various sites and assets
- Prepare and document analysis for complex issues and present findings
- Prepare journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual close
- Coordinate variance analysis
- Review monthly ledger accounts and reconciliations
- Ensure SOX compliance and assist the audit team as required
This is a growing but established company that offers its’ employees excellent opportunities for advancement and ample opportunities to learn and grow their career. They have a large accounting department with many different divisions. If you are a go-getter that wants to be challenged on a regular basis, apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal Accounting Education
- CPA designation completed or in progress
- 2+ years of progressive experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Project Accounting
What’s the Bottom Line:
- $75,000 – $80,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Group benefits & RRSP plan starting day 1!
- Hybrid for now (eventually back in the office full-time)
Location: Ottawa (Gatineau)
Internal Job ID#: 4216
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4216.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.