Job #3824 – Our busy client is growing exponentially and is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. The successful candidate is deadline-driven and has excellent communication skills. Reporting to the Manager, General Accounting, the main responsibilities include:
- Maintain general ledger balance sheet accounts
- Process adjusting entries and reconcile accounts at month end
- Identify, analyze, and report on variances in accounts
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist as an expert in the compliance department
- Participate in the preparation of quarter end and year end working papers
- Ad hoc duties as required
Being part of the general accounting team, you will have a solid grasp of the full cycle of accounting, including strong experience in fixed assets and accrual accounting. This organization would value your ability and knowledge in their month end compliance and ongoing paperwork for the audit trail.
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education
- CPA/CA designation completed or in process
- 3-4 years’ accounting experience
- IFRS experience (preferably in a publicly traded company)
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $75,000 – $85,000 annual salary
- Group insurance plan
- RRSP matching plan
- Free parking
- 3 weeks’ vacation
Location: Ottawa – Kanata
Internal Job ID#: 3824
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3819.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.