Job #4280– As a result of ongoing growth, our well-established client is looking for a Senior Accountant who is adaptable, self-motivated and has a strong ability to prioritize in an efficient manner. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where you will be expected to maintain a high quality of work on a regular basis. Reporting to the manager of accounting, the main responsibilities include:
- Complex day-to-day accounting including journal entries for month-end, year-end and quarter-end
- Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts
- Prepare and file Canadian and US sales tax returns
- Prepare bank deposits
- Generate monthly financial reports
- Provide year-end audit support
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process
- Support other departments as needed
This is a growing but established company that offers its’ employees excellent opportunities for advancement and ample opportunities to learn and grow their career.
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- CPA designation completed or in progress is an asset!
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience, including full cycle accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
How You Will be Rewarded:
- $65,000 – $70,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Group benefits & pension plan starting day 1!
Location: Ottawa (Gatineau)
Internal Job ID#: 4280
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4280.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.