Senior Financial Analyst
Job #3918 – This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for professional growth and mentorship in one of Ottawa’s most sought-after crown corporations! Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers for many years, this organization offers the selected incumbent the opportunity to work amongst a great team of tight-knit professionals in a collaborative and engaging environment. From a finance perspective, every day will be different from the last and will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to combine their accounting skills with a big picture understanding of business results and related drivers. You’ll work closely with a variety of groups within the organization and through presentations and day-to-day interactions will deliver timely financial support. Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for financial planning, complex financial analysis, and business reporting under IFRS
- Prepare financial statements, approve journal entries and reconciliations, and provide input for decision making through modeling and analysis
- Prepare and review analysis to support the management discussion and analyze sections of the annual and quarterly financial reports
- Provide financial support through budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing variations from the budget and explain complex issues in a tactful manner
- Revise and maintain internal accounting policies and procedures while providing guidance to ensure compliance with standards
- Participate and assist with various system implementation projects
If you consider yourself to be a communicative and innovative Financial Analyst with the ability to present complex financial data in a clear and concise manner, then apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Completed professional accounting designation
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis principles and practices
- Bilingualism is considered a strong asset (English & French)
- $75,000- $90,000 salary range
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Fantastic benefits plan
- Defined-contribution pension plan starting Day 1!
- Generous bonus potential
- Remote work (for now)
Location: Ottawa (Downtown)
Internal Job ID#: 3918
Recruiter Name: Paul Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3918.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.