Accounts Payable Specialist
Job #3753 – Our long-standing client is a global leader in a unique industry and they are now looking to add an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to their finance and accounting team! Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for the full accounts payable cycle from top to bottom. You will play a vital role in supporting all the functions of accounts payable while managing a variety of different vendor relationships. Other main responsibilities include:
- Daily processing of invoices, PO’s and expenses
- Ensure timely processing of all invoices
- Challenge the reasonability and accuracy of GL coding
- Update a rolling forecasted spend analysis
- Maintain accuracy of internal controls and established AP processes
- Manage month-end preparation to ensure vendor submissions are on time
This position will require strong communication skills as the selected incumbent will be expected to work closely with the purchasing team and project managers to ensure all relevant information flows through accordingly.
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal accounting education preferred
- Previous experience with full cycle A/P
- Experience with Sage 300 considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
- $45,000 – $50,000 salary range
- Monthly bonus incentive plan
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive RRSP matching plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Free parking and on-site cafeteria
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 3753
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3753.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.