Job #4488- Our well known and successful client is looking for an Assistant Controller to join their growing and collaborative team! The selected candidate will have both solid technical and interpersonal skills as well as the kind of analytical mindset and people skills that allow them to provide financial support and analysis directly to senior management. This is the perfect opportunity to join a well-established, stable organization that will guarantee you growth potential, while offering you the kind of technical challenges to keep you interested and engaged. Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare revenue recognition schedules and related journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Provide accurate and timely monthly financial statements, review and analyze results
- Manage a team of accounting staff
- Assist with forecasts and liaise with internal and external auditors
- Ensure proper control procedures are in place and identify control risks
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting as requested
With room for advancement and an amazing workplace culture, this position is fantastic for anyone looking to take their career to the next level! Apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- CPA designation complete or in final stages
- Post-secondary education in finance or accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with complex revenue recognition
- Experience with IFRS
- Public accounting firm experience
- Experience with project accounting and percentage of completion
- Previous supervisory experience
What’s the Bottom Line:
- $80,000 – $85,000 salary range
- Flexible, remote or hybrid work schedule
- Excellent benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation + personal days
- Stock plan
Location: Ottawa (remote or hybrid)
Internal Job ID#: 4488
Recruiter Name: Paul Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4488.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.