Job #3667 – Our client is experiencing impressive growth and as a result they are now seeking a motivated and driven Assistant Controller to join their team! The selected incumbent will have the opportunity to work closely alongside the Controller in a very collaborative and supportive work environment where you will be exposed to all facets of the operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to take that next step up in your career and take full ownership of your role. Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare month end close for multiple entities including financial packages
- Prepare project forecasts and reconcile with budget
- Assist with weekly cash flow and annual budget process
- Supervise day to day activities and manage all aspects of the GL
- Perform financial variance analysis
- Review intercompany invoices and reconcile balances
- Improve internal processes and procedures
- Ad hoc projects as required
If you consider yourself to be a team player who is highly organized and has strong interpersonal skills, then we would love to hear from you! This is a rare opportunity to build on existing experience in a close-knit team environment while working under a fantastic mentor!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal Accounting Education (CPA in progress considered an asset)
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skillset
- Experience in project accounting considered an asset
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and still meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $60,000 – $75,000 salary range
- Bonus potential
- 3 weeks vacation
- Free parking
- Great work-life balance
Location: Ottawa (Central)
Internal Job ID#: 3667
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3667.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.