Director of Finance
Job #3661 – Our client, Bassi Construction LP, is a commercial construction services business. As a multi-discipline construction services firm, Bassi provides Tenant Fit Up & Renovations, New Construction, Restoration and Disaster Recovery services in the Ottawa, Ontario region. Mosaic Capital Corporation, a publicly traded Canadian investment company, recently partnered with Bassi through its 70% ownership position to facilitate Bassi’s next stage of growth.
Bassi is entrepreneurial focused, fast-paced and demanding. The ideal candidate will be a person who thrives in such an environment. As the Director of Finance, you will have overall leadership responsibility for Bassi’s financial function and report directly to the Vice President with a strong working relationship with Mosaic’s VP, Portfolio Operations, Operational Controller and Manager, Financial Reporting.
The successful candidate will have experience working with entrepreneurial oriented operations, possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates an ability to work with a wide range of individuals. This individual will possess a passion for learning and dealing with a variety of issues. You will need to be able to operate in a complex, dynamic environment and be able to manage multiple simultaneous initiatives and priorities.
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for providing oversight and management of the day-to-day finance function of the organization. A key deliverable of this position will be to ensure that the organization has the internal infrastructure to support scalable and sustainable operations.
- Display a commitment to Bassi’s vision, values, and culture.
- Overall management of the finance and accounting functions of the organization.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership and Operations to execute on the strategic plan.
- Drive internal infrastructure development and efficiencies to ensure the business is well supported.
- Provide the finance and accounting team with clear direction on deliverables.
- Responsible for continued enhancement and maintenance of KPI’s, ensuring key business drivers are identified, communicated and actioned. Ensure leading trends are identified quickly and mitigation strategies are initiated.
- Leads financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions including analyzing and reporting on variances to actual performance.
- Oversight of all transactional accounting and financial reporting (monthly) including the year-end financial audit.
- Oversight of insurance and bonding requirements of the organization.
- Responsible for treasury, working capital optimization and lending facilities.
- Oversight of financial internal controls including identification and correction of control gaps.
- Oversight of outsourced IT to champion process and technology improvements.
- Demonstrate a “big picture view” balancing the implementation of control & process with efficiency & scalability.
- Possess high degree of initiative and be adept to deal with a constantly changing business environment.
- Solution focused.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external relationships.
- Previous experience in project management related accounting processes and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver on continuous improvements in both the Finance function and use of the ERP.
- Strong analytical abilities to understand key components of job costs and profitability and be able to summarize those findings in ways that results in management action and tangible financial improvements.
- 4-year university degree in Business/Finance or related field.
- Completion of a CPA designation.
- Previous leadership experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Construction or equivalent experience (project percentage completion accounting) will be preferred but is not mandatory.
- Exceptional communication skills with an approachable management style – a key element of this role will be staff development and mentorship.
- Proven experience working closely with IT on development of systems, ERP enhancements, etc.
- Experience in the assessment of internal control and process.
- $150,000 – $175,000 salary dependent on experience
- Variable bonus compensation +/- 25%
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas shutdown
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
Location: Ottawa (South)
Internal Job ID#: 3661
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3661.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.