Job #3844 – Fabulous opportunity to join an extremely successful, well-known Canadian organization based right here in Ottawa’s west end! Our client is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Payroll Specialist who can hit the ground running and help support a wide range of payroll related duties. Reporting to the HR Manager, the successful candidate will be communicative and will thrive in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities! Main responsibilities include:
- Process salary and hourly bi-weekly payroll for multiple jurisdictions
- Provide timely communication to payroll inquiries and resolve related discrepancies
- Prepare and file required reports and payments to agencies and organizations
- Complete month-end requirements of the general ledger
- Assist with updates to the payroll system and identify automation opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and requirements
- Additional ad hoc projects and reporting as required
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal payroll education (PCP or CPM completed)
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive work experience
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation and employment standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous SAP experience is considered a strong asset
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $65,000 – $75,000 salary range
- Generous vacation policy
- Excellent benefits package
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Remote working and the list goes on!
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 3844
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3844.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.