Job #3900 – A crucial role in an exciting and stable industry that is well-known and respected throughout the Ottawa area! As the Payroll Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day payroll cycle with a hands-on approach. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will also supervise a Payroll Coordinator while ensuring that all staff members are paid accurately and on time. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative, make improvements and adapt as we continue to navigate through this global pandemic. Main responsibilities include:
- Process payroll for salaried employees on a semi-monthly basis
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of payroll data by producing and analyzing reports
- Review payroll for hourly employees paid on a bi-weekly basis as prepared by the Payroll Coordinator
- Review documentation pertaining to new hires, employment terminations, salary changes etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Canadian federal and provincial regulations and company policies
- Ensure that eligible employees are set up with appropriate deductions for group insurance plans and group RRSP plans
- Partner with other finance department team members to ensure the timely balancing of monthly and year-end GL accounts as they relate to payroll
- Improve and optimize payroll processes and seek efficiencies wherever possible
This is an organization with an excellent culture that will provide you with a good work life balance and exciting perks that are unique to this organization!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Completed PCP or CPM designation preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years experience running end-to-end payroll with complex payroll requirements
- Good understanding of ADP WorkForce Now considered a strong asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Prior accounting experience would be a bonus
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $65,000 – $75,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Great benefits package
- RRSP matching plan
- Excellent work life balance & additional company perks!
Internal Job ID#: 3900
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3900.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.