Job #3935 – Fabulous opportunity to join an extremely well-respected and stable organization in the East end of Ottawa! As the Payroll Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of payroll while taking a hands-on approach. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will help supervise a small team with day-to-day payroll processing while ensuring compliance with all legislative and non-legislative reporting. The ideal candidate is an experienced supervisor with strengths in analyzing and problem solving that is able to communicate effectively. Main Responsibilities include:
- Assist the payroll team in processing a biweekly payroll for multiple entities while ensuring accuracy and processing timelines are met
- Adhere to company policies and union collective agreements in payroll processing
- Work with both the Payroll and HR teams to clarify and correct any errors noted during the computing of the biweekly pays
- Reconcile GL accounts on a monthly basis including, income tax, CPP, EI, WSIB and EHT
- Manage a small team while providing training and guidance on a daily basis
- Assist the Payroll Manager with reconciliation and processing of T4s & T4As
- Assist the Payroll Manager with special projects and other responsibilities as required
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ottawa’s most reputable and sought-after employers. Job satisfaction and a wonderful work-life balance are two things guaranteed! Apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or payroll
- Completed PCP or CPM designation is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience running end-to-end payroll with complex payroll requirements
- Strong understanding of payroll legislation and employment standards
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Attention to detail and ability to handle matters in a diplomatic and confidential manner
- Fluently Bilingual, both oral and written
- Familiar with Smartstream and/or Workday Financial
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $70,000 – $85,000 annual salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Fantastic benefits package
- Great work-life balance
- The list goes on!
Location: Ottawa (East)
Internal Job ID#: 3935
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3935.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.