Job #4247 – As a result of ongoing growth, our well-established client is looking to bring on a Senior Accountant to their Project Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, self-motivated and have a strong ability to prioritize in an efficient manner. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where you will be expected to maintain a high quality of work on a regular basis. The main responsibilities include:
- Prepare and document analysis for complex accounting issues and key accounts
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Coordinate with other departments to prepare variance analysis
- Review and maintain monthly general ledger accounts and reconciliations
- Assist with SOX compliance
- Participate in special projects as requested
This is a growing but established company that offers its’ employees excellent opportunities for advancement and ample opportunities to learn and grow their career. They have a large accounting department with many different divisions. If you are a go-getter that wants to be challenged on a regular basis and isn’t afraid to put in the hours, apply today!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA designation completed or in progress
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive experience
- Full cycle experience, including month end close processes
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong Excel skills and tech savvy
- Excellent English interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- US GAAP, SOX
How You Will be Rewarded:
- $65,000 – $75,000 annual salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Group benefits & RRSP plan starting day 1!
- Hybrid for now (eventually back in the office full-time)
Location: Ottawa (Gatineau)
Internal Job ID#: 4247
Recruiter Name: Tracey Windsor
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4247.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.