Senior Payroll Specialist
Job #3713 – Fantastic opportunity to join an extremely successful, well-known Canadian organization based right here in Ottawa’s west end! Our client is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Payroll Specialist who can hit the ground running and help support a wide range of financial competencies. Reporting to the HR Manager, the successful candidate will be communicative and will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with shifting priorities. Main responsibilities include:
- Process salary and hourly bi-weekly payroll
- Provide timely communication to payroll inquiries and resolve related discrepancies
- Prepare and file required reports and payments to agencies and organizations
- Complete month-end requirements of the general ledger
- Process and reconcile all year-end and tax requirements
- Liaise and coordinate with auditors during annual audits
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and requirements
- Identify and leverage automation opportunities and process improvements
- Additional ad hoc projects and reporting as required
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Formal payroll education (PCP or CPM completion)
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation and employment standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous SAP experience is considered a strong asset
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- $70,000 – $85,000 salary range
- Generous vacation policy
- Excellent benefits package
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free parking and the list goes on!
Location: Ottawa (Kanata)
Internal Job ID#: 3713
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3713.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.