Senior Payroll Specialist
Job #3716 – A truly rare opportunity to join one of Ottawa’s most innovative and well-respected non-profit organizations! As the Senior Payroll Specialist, you will use your strong critical thinking skills to help drive forward better processes and procedures while taking full ownership of the semi-monthly payroll function and pension administration. You will possess strong interpersonal skills as you act as the go-to person for all staff regarding payroll and pension inquiries. The ideal candidate will be communicative, analytical, accurate and system savvy! Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the main responsibilities include:
- Process semi-monthly payroll while ensuring timely and accurate completion
- Administer and manage the pension plan from beginning of enrollment to employee’s retirement
- Develop and update payroll related documentation while resolving any related discrepancies
- Work alongside other payroll professionals to maintain and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Liaise with auditors and act as lead during audit processes
- Manage payroll system while performing time and attendance processing
- Additional payroll related tasks as required
This organization offers a fantastic corporate culture and unprecedented perks which has led to a very high employee retention rate and a fantastic work environment! Apply now -you don’t want to miss out on this one!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation required
- Formal accounting education preferred
- Minimum 4 years of progressive payroll experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Good Excel skills
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- $60,000 – $75,000 salary range
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus Christmas shutdown
- Excellent benefits package on day 1!
- Free on-site parking
- Plus a long list of additional perks!
Location: Ottawa (East)
Internal Job ID#: 3716
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #3716.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.